We are seeking a highly organized and strategic individual to lead our product initiatives. The Product Development Manager provides management focus and cross-functional leadership to communicate and coordinate new product and project implementation activities and updates throughout the organization.
Works "hands on" with and across business functions to lead and manage successful implementations to include project plans, schedules, responsibilities, milestone events, process development, metrics, financial impacts and capital investment/returns.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define, develop, manage, and communicate new product introduction and project priorities for the organization
- Industry knowledge and experience in identifying and utilization of internal and external resources to provide needed expertise for new product or project implementation
- Maintain and build relationships with key suppliers
- Understanding of financial relationships of pricing, cost of goods sold, gross margin, volume, capital investment and return in making business decisions regarding new products/projects
- Ability to communicate and present product features and benefits to customers, key distributors and partners as required to support sales initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's in related degrees: Management, Operations or Engineering. MBA preferred
- 5-10 years progressive experience in high volume, repetitive, manufacturing environments
- Professional track record of accomplishment and expanding scope of management